Birth Well Package + Full Doula Support
This package offers wraparound care from 35 weeks, through the birth itself and in the postpartum post period and pulls together my specialist training in pregnancy & birth to support the needs of the mother, baby and any other birth partners. It includes:
- one birth plan session (online or in person if possible)
- weekly pre-birth acupuncture from 35 weeks to encourage optimal conditions for either a spontaneous labour or a planned c-section
- more frequently scheduled sessions if required (e.g. if post due date and induction is being discussed)
- home visits as required e.g. if early labour has started post a sweep but is not progressing
- support through the birth itself (at home and / or in hospital as allowed), using acupuncture, acupressure, essential oils and Spinning Babies techniques to support as comfortable, safe and effective a labour as possible
- I will be available on call from 38 weeks to be there at the birth
- two postnatal visits at home which will include a mother roasting treatment + any other appropriate treatments
- discounted additional home visits to support any post birth issues
- LOVE YOUR LABOUR resources
Please contact me before booking to confirm my availability or to arrange a free zoom consultation to discuss this package in more detail and meet me.
Weekly pre-birth acupuncture sessions from 36 weeks. Weekly acupuncture sessions are tailored to prepare the body for labour, encouraging a healthy ripening of the cervix, with research showing this can reduce the duration of labour in first time mothers by approximately 90 minutes. Tiredness, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, heartburn, carpal tunnel, swelling of hands and feet, and other pregnancy related conditions that are common at this stage of pregnancy can also be treated.
If a C-section is planned then pre-birth treatments offer physical and emotional support to prepare you for motherhood and to support optimal recovery time.
Additional sessions as required. We can schedule additional sessions post due date, working with any western medical advice or protocols (e.g. cervical sweeps etc) in order to help encourage a spontaneous labour.
Breech moxibustion treatment if required, including provision of moxa sticks for use at home.
A Mother Roasting Kit treatment post-partum. Mother roasting is a tradition found in many cultures across the world, a series of rituals that celebrate and nourish the energy of the mother post birth. Mother warming is a one off treatment that can be done at home, used to energise a new mum and aid her recovery.