Birth Well Package + Birth Doula
This package offers wraparound care from 36 weeks, through the birth itself and in the postpartum post period and pulls together my specialist training in pregnancy & birth to support the needs of the mother, baby and any other birth partners. It includes:
- one birth plan session (online)
- weekly pre-birth acupuncture from 36 weeks to help create the optimal conditions for either a spontaneous labour or a planned c-section
- an extended session to share acupressure techniques for use in labour with birth partners
- more frequently scheduled sessions if required (e.g. if post due date and induction is being discussed
- support at the birth. I can offer acupuncture and acupressure, essential oils
- I will be available on call from 38 weeks to be there at the birth
- one postnatal visit at home which will include a mother roasting treatment + any other appropriate treatments
- discounted additional home visits to support any post birth issues
Please contact me before booking to check that I am able to support your birth.
Weekly pre-birth acupuncture sessions from 36 weeks. Weekly acupuncture sessions are tailored to prepare the body for labour, encouraging a healthy ripening of the cervix, with research showing this can reduce the duration of labour in first time mothers by approximately 90 minutes. Tiredness, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, heartburn, carpal tunnel, swelling of hands and feet, and other pregnancy related conditions that are common at this stage of pregnancy can also be treated.
If a C-section is planned then pre-birth treatments offer physical and emotional support to prepare you for motherhood and to support optimal recovery time.
Additional sessions as required. We can schedule additional sessions post due date, working with any western medical advice or protocols (e.g. cervical sweeps etc) in order to help encourage a spontaneous labour.
Breech moxibustion treatment if required, including provision of moxa sticks for use at home.
A Mother Roasting Kit treatment post-partum. Mother roasting is a tradition found in many cultures across the world, a series of rituals that celebrate and nourish the energy of the mother post birth. Mother warming is a one off treatment that can be done at home, used to energise a new mum and aid her recovery.